Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Food::Dinner @ Nodasho

        We just got back in Manila after our Coron trip.  The kids were craving sushi and sashimi.  I told them I knew the perfect place to have dinner that night.  We took a cab and asked the driver if he knew Little Tokyo along Pasong Tamo in Makati.  He said he was not familiar with it but he knew Pasong Tamo and said that we could just search for it while driving by.  With the traffic condition in Manila wherein the vehicles were stop and go, his idea wasn't bad at all.  I caught sight of this Japanese arc along Pasong Tamo and told the driver that it was the place we're looking for.

        Little Tokyo is just a narrow strip, kind of like a courtyard or alley behind these Japanese restaurants along Pasong Tamo and Arnaiz.

         We found out that you could either dine-in or dine alfresco.  The place made me feel that I was transported back in time to one of those medieval streets in Japan that I often see in movies.






       We picked Nodasho and chose to dine alfresco.  We started with some tuna salad.  It was the first time I tried such thing.  I didn't know how to eat it at first then I just realized maybe I could eat it just like a lettuce wrap.   

         We got the Nigiri and Sashimi sets for the kids and ramen for us.  Both sets had Uni (sea urchin).  That was the first time I tried Uni and I liked it.