Sunday, July 8, 2012

Other::Flight to Manila

        It has been more than a month since the last time I blogged.  We were in the Philippines on vacation for a month.  It was a good thing that Dinah was able to take a 4 week vacation leave from work since the kids were on summer break and I was on sabbatical for 2 months.  Last June 4th, we flew via Eva Air from San Francisco International Airport bound for Manila.


We had to leave the house before 12 noon since the airport was 2 hours away from Sacramento.  We used the same taxi service that Tita P. used when she left for Manila a week earlier.

        We arrived really early at the airport since the EVA Air counter was still closed.  I got the chance to try out my Lensbaby Edge 80 lens on my Olympus PEN.  I seldom use that lens since I often take pics of subjects at close range using my Lensbaby Sweet 35 lens.

        

        
        The flight from San Francisco to Taiwan took 12 hours.  I watched a lot of movies during that 12 hour flight and I had a lot of sleep as well.

        We arrived at Taoyuan Airport in Taiwan at around 10:00 pm (Taiwan local time).  We stayed at the airport lounge while waiting for our flight to Manila.  It was a good thing that they had free wifi and they had power outlets to charge our gadgets.


        They even had a mini library at the waiting lounge but the books were all in Chinese.
        
        Dinah was able to walk around before the shops started closing.

        Before we boarded our connecting flight to Manila, we had some snacks at the airport's 2nd level since we all got hungry while waiting.

Xiao Long Bao
Empress Chicken
Chicken soup (like our chicken tinola minus the ginger and papaya)



























Beef noodle soup
         It took just 2 more hours for us to get to Manila.  I was really happy to see NAIA again after 7 years.  When we got to the parking lot at the arrival area, I saw Lee, Dinah's brother waving at us.  My younger sister Carla was there too.