Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Food::Lunch @ Kanin Club

        It was our last day in Manila before we head back to Laoag that night.  We were going to meet up with Lai in Makati.  I told Dinah, I knew the perfect place to have lunch with Lai.  I read about this restaurant called Kanin Club which has a branch at Ayala Triangle Park that offers innovative twists on classic Filipino cuisine.

        Dinah, Carla and I arrived at Greenbelt Mall via taxi from our hotel.  On our way to Landmark where we agreed to meet up with Lai, we passed by a Pinkberry Froyo store.  Dinah and I were excited to let Carla try it.  It was amazing how the store looked exactly like the ones we have here in the U.S., from the chairs to the light fixtures, everything was copy-exact.  We asked the lady in the store if Pinkberry had been around for some time now.  She said that they just opened shop around November last year.

          We finally met up with Lai inside Landmark.  She told us that she knew how to get to Ayala Triangle Park just by walking since it would take forever to get there via taxi due to the traffic.  The place was very cozy with capiz and stained glass windows that reminded me of our old house in Leveriza where I grew up.

         Everybody was hungry so we went ahead ordering items from their menu.  I had a specific list of dishes that I wrote on a tiny sheet of paper.

Thai Green Mango Salad

Seafood Kare Kare

Aligue Rice

Crispy Dinuguan

Green Mango Shake

         After enjoying the dishes we ordered, we went ahead and sampled their desserts.

Kanin Club Turon ala Mode

Saba Con Hielo


           It was nice to see Lai again after 7 years.  She was still the same bubbly Lai I remember from Dapitan during our pre-employment days.